Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

I'm so unhappy

(28 Posts)
Spacecadet Mon 17-Jan-05 19:24:35

Im struggling most days, Im preg, due in aug, with 4 kids youngest 6 months, not planned to be preg again had pnd since dd was 7 weeks old, everyday is a battle but I thought I was finally getting there but I now know I have a along way to go, I have got no family near by and dh works 6 days a week, to top it all im chucking up none stop all day. lost weight not that I didnt need to.Havent told anyone in rl about me being preg so post on due aug thread, and post natal thread, but it seems that not only do I not really have any rl friemnds but no cyber ones either, no one seems to acknowledge my posts so Im gonna stop posting. I feel so miserable , ill and lonely and yes I have been to docs , so many times in fact that they have threatened to strike me off.

pinkmama Mon 17-Jan-05 19:27:13

Oh Spacecadet, so so sorry you feel like that. SOmetimes it is easy to think that peopel are ignoring your posts, but I am sure its not like that, although I did have a paranoid moment about it on saturday so I am a fine one to talk. How old are your other kids?

IloveMarmite Mon 17-Jan-05 19:27:29

Don't stop posting. I'm so sorry you are having a sh*t time. You really do have your hands, not just full but overflowing.

Talk to your HV or Doc if you are feeling really low, don't feel you have to do this completely on your own. Sit down and take a deep breath (easier said than done sometimes, I know), run yourself a hot bath, and sod the housework.

Frizbe Mon 17-Jan-05 19:28:07

I'm no expert in pnd matters, but I can can give you {{{{hugs}}}} and bump this for you.

Spacecadet Mon 17-Jan-05 19:29:53

13, 10, 3 and 6 months, I am under the care of a cpn and she phoned the hv up and asked her to come back out and see me and she said she was booked up till feb and that she didnt see the point in coming to see me till a few weeks before I was due

pinkmama Mon 17-Jan-05 19:31:18

No wonder you are struggling. Not helpful of HV either. Why do you feel you don't have any rl friends?

dramaqueen72 Mon 17-Jan-05 19:31:44

hey space! hang in there! please dont feel sad. i love you, you have been a great support to me. of course the due in aug thread is quiet now i've left, i'm such a chatterbox!! i'd offer to get you to join our m/c thread, but its very depressing i'm sure all the bad news on the aug thread caused everyone to stop posting for abit, they will be back!...why dont you start a new cheery one?
i'm sorry m/s is so bad for you, i had it last time and also had it bad. awful awful thing. still the end is in sight, i'm sure it will calm down or stop totally soon. i had/have pnd -as you know- and understand how hard that is. lifes abit trying for you now i hear you but dont worry. people still love you here! hows the treatment for pnd going? or are you 'between' it? say something AGAIN to your dr or health visitor next time, i did and tho it was the hardest thing to do, the help i have been getting back is wonderful. my cbt is due to start soon, i promise to let you know how it goes.
((((((hugs))))) to you
xxx

IloveMarmite Mon 17-Jan-05 19:32:26

Can you get your 13, 10 yr olds to help out? Do they think that having a new baby is going to be exciting?

Spacecadet Mon 17-Jan-05 19:33:44

I only really have one friend that I see socially and she only really wants to know me when she wants something. I can go days and days without talking to someone apart from phonecalls to my mum

MunchedTooManyMarsLady Mon 17-Jan-05 19:34:25

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} spacecadet.

I have no words for you, just hugs and sending lots of love.

essbee Mon 17-Jan-05 19:36:21

Message withdrawn

pinkmama Mon 17-Jan-05 19:36:46

I imagine your pretty busy, and not feeling too great, but are you up to trying to make new friends? I know its easier said than done. Any mumsnetters near you?

Spacecadet Mon 17-Jan-05 19:37:41

I do try to get them to help but its abattle of wills!! they dont know bout the babe yet as Im not 12 weeks and I have had previous m/cs. Dm I feel so guilty now whinging bout my sickness, sorry.

Spacecadet Mon 17-Jan-05 19:40:55

Obviously the tiredness is getting to me as is the sicness, I am having cbt therapy but cancelled today as I felt so crap.essbee, didnt know you didnt know!DD waking in the night is not helping, I have contacted homestart and the women rang last tues and promised to ring back but didnt , so will have to ring her tomorrow, I desperately need help with things, im worried i will have to go to hospital like I did with the others

vict17 Mon 17-Jan-05 19:41:52

is your dh helping by getting up in the night to help you out?

Lonelymum Mon 17-Jan-05 19:50:46

Spacecadet, I am so sorry you feel this way. You poor girl. I shall try to send you an email but my computer is being very slow tonight so I may not be able to manage it. Hang on in there!

keziah Mon 17-Jan-05 19:56:41

Hi Spacecadet. Really sorry you are feeling so awful. x I wish I had something really useful to say to you that would help. I've got four kids, 7,5,4 and 1 and its been really hard sometimes so I can understand a bit of how you feel. I am really impressed that you are still functioning at all considering the pressure you are under, with your husband working so many hours and no family near you to help out. This may be a stupid question because I know my family wouldn't, but would anyone in your family come and stay with you for a week or so to help out?
If they realised how terrible you felt? Oh just read that no-one knows yet. Are you worried about telling people?
I felt like that on no4 because I struggled so much with my three and thought everyone else would look at me and think I was really irresponsible. Actually no-one seemed to think that and its worked out ok.
Your doctors sound awful. Can't believe they could want to strike you off. Surely they can't do that.
Sorry. I really don't know what to say to you, but I didn't want you to think you should stop posting. This board is a real lifeline even if it doesn't feel like you always get a response.
When did the sickness stop with your other pregnancies?

Spacecadet Mon 17-Jan-05 20:09:24

The sickness lasted till 20 weeks but never went completely, I am dreading telling my mum!!! feel like achild, she said I must never get preg again, vict, dh is getting up in the night so I suppose im quite lucky there.

IloveMarmite Mon 17-Jan-05 20:15:27

Don't worry about your mum. They always have a habit of saying completely the wrong thing. Will she support you in the long run, even though she might do a disapproving act to begin with?

jrsmum Mon 17-Jan-05 20:51:34

Have you tried accupunture for morning sickness its absolutely fab!
Hope you feel happier soon. [gin]

vict17 Mon 17-Jan-05 20:52:58

I lived on ginger biscuits and squash when I had morning sickness last year. Oh, and travel sickness bands. Perhaps if you feel better physically you will feel better emotionally?

jrsmum Mon 17-Jan-05 20:52:59

opps ment to be gins probably not such a good idea!!

Spacecadet Mon 17-Jan-05 21:09:56

Trouble is I am very worried about our finances etc, our house is packed to he gills already, I was supposed to be going back to work soon, Im sure if I didnt feel so dreadful I would feel better mentally.When I first found out I was preg, once I had got over the dreadful shock I felt euphoric, now I just feel like lying down and dying.Trouble is it was the worst time to get preg again. I wish I could fast forward acouple of months, my dd is in her bedroom spraying body spray on herself and I can smell it from here and I am gagging.

jrsmum Mon 17-Jan-05 21:14:15

I think its quite normal to feel shit sometimes. I would be really peevd off too. I struggle to cope with1 child so I admire you already, you must be doing something right. When I had pnd the doctor advised me to try and find something positive everyday even if its just its not raining or there were no bills in the post today. I know its sounds daft but it does help a little bit!!!!

Lots of ((((((((hugs))))))) for you!

pinkmama Tue 18-Jan-05 10:36:05

How are you today Spacecadet?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now