Talk

Advanced search

make me smile?

(10 Posts)
horseshoe Thu 23-Dec-04 10:27:42

just need some messages to get me through the day at work!!!!! I know other peoples problems are so much worse than mine so wont go into it, just feeling a bit left out and dont understand why the girls i sit with make remarks the way they do.....

getting another job is the obvious answer but i am paid well and i cant get this money elsewhere and my prime concern is providing for my dd....

saintnikcolas Thu 23-Dec-04 10:29:45

oh horseshoe dont let them bother you is today ur last day at work?

Carla Thu 23-Dec-04 10:31:37

horseshoe, it's nearly Christmas. We all feel for you. Are you unfortunate enough to be working on Christmas day?

KristmasBear Thu 23-Dec-04 10:33:26

I've had a tough year at work due to certain colleagues so can sympathise entirely. Can't you do your job in another firm?

Let's think about a Happy Christmas with our children and have a virtual sherry (had a few last night and it worked wonders!!).

Flumberrysauce Thu 23-Dec-04 10:36:15

I dislike a lot of people I work with. They can be petty and small minded. Just be thankful you don't have to see them outside of work.

If that doesn't make you feel better put a drawing pin on their chairs. That should help.

Newbarnsleygirl Thu 23-Dec-04 10:42:56

Spit in their mulled wine or on their mince pies and then smile at them whilst watching them eat and drink!
Sorry for being so bitchy but I can't do with things like that at work, there's no need for it!
Don't let them ruin your day. Have a good xmas.

horseshoe Thu 23-Dec-04 10:44:43

That has most definately made me smile and the idea of the drawing pin is almost too tempting to bear

I work in an office environment and tbh i think they pay me more than is needed for sure so if i can cope with it here i will....

Normally im so strong but today i can't seem to cope with it.

Well xmas eve off so a few more hours to go.

Carla Thu 23-Dec-04 10:45:40

You could sprinkle some water on their work chairs. They won't know what it is.

nailpolish Thu 23-Dec-04 10:46:39

sneak off early

TwasTheNightBeforeXmasOwl Fri 24-Dec-04 02:52:01

its an awful thing to be unhappy at work. i would spend 8 hours a day with a horrible little girl who bossed me about and made my life hell. (and i was her supervisor!) she was so sweet and naive (yeah right) that no-one would ever beleive what she was doing to me. now shes the only one working there and (rubs hands together in evil glee) i hope they are finding out what shes really like. no solution but sympathies! (can you put staplers into jellies?) (sorry saw that in the office and i liked it)

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: