Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

make me smile?

(10 Posts)
horseshoe Thu 23-Dec-04 10:27:42

just need some messages to get me through the day at work!!!!! I know other peoples problems are so much worse than mine so wont go into it, just feeling a bit left out and dont understand why the girls i sit with make remarks the way they do.....

getting another job is the obvious answer but i am paid well and i cant get this money elsewhere and my prime concern is providing for my dd....

saintnikcolas Thu 23-Dec-04 10:29:45

oh horseshoe dont let them bother you is today ur last day at work?

Carla Thu 23-Dec-04 10:31:37

horseshoe, it's nearly Christmas. We all feel for you. Are you unfortunate enough to be working on Christmas day?

KristmasBear Thu 23-Dec-04 10:33:26

I've had a tough year at work due to certain colleagues so can sympathise entirely. Can't you do your job in another firm?

Let's think about a Happy Christmas with our children and have a virtual sherry (had a few last night and it worked wonders!!).

Flumberrysauce Thu 23-Dec-04 10:36:15

I dislike a lot of people I work with. They can be petty and small minded. Just be thankful you don't have to see them outside of work.

If that doesn't make you feel better put a drawing pin on their chairs. That should help.

Newbarnsleygirl Thu 23-Dec-04 10:42:56

Spit in their mulled wine or on their mince pies and then smile at them whilst watching them eat and drink!
Sorry for being so bitchy but I can't do with things like that at work, there's no need for it!
Don't let them ruin your day. Have a good xmas.

horseshoe Thu 23-Dec-04 10:44:43

That has most definately made me smile and the idea of the drawing pin is almost too tempting to bear

I work in an office environment and tbh i think they pay me more than is needed for sure so if i can cope with it here i will....

Normally im so strong but today i can't seem to cope with it.

Well xmas eve off so a few more hours to go.

Carla Thu 23-Dec-04 10:45:40

You could sprinkle some water on their work chairs. They won't know what it is.

nailpolish Thu 23-Dec-04 10:46:39

sneak off early

TwasTheNightBeforeXmasOwl Fri 24-Dec-04 02:52:01

its an awful thing to be unhappy at work. i would spend 8 hours a day with a horrible little girl who bossed me about and made my life hell. (and i was her supervisor!) she was so sweet and naive (yeah right) that no-one would ever beleive what she was doing to me. now shes the only one working there and (rubs hands together in evil glee) i hope they are finding out what shes really like. no solution but sympathies! (can you put staplers into jellies?) (sorry saw that in the office and i liked it)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now