Talk

Advanced search

anxious in pregnancy - self care

(2 Posts)
iloveyoubutilovememore Thu 19-Nov-20 11:49:38

Hi ladies,

I'm currently 17 weeks pregnant with my second and wanted to see if anyone had any good self care tips/plans to put in place to help reduce anxiety and stress.

I had postnatal depression with my first and am very fearful of it returning once the baby is here. I know it's not completely preventable, although I am having an elective section this time round, and have very supportive family and friends who know what signs to look for should it happen again.

I can feel the anxiety increasing as the pregnancy progresses so would love to add some things to the mix to help reduce it if possible.

OP’s posts: |
rainbowninja Thu 19-Nov-20 16:50:31

Congratulations on your pregnancy! I had a relapse of an existing anxiety condition after I had my daughter so not the same but I can imagine how you would be feeling apprehensive right now.

My self care tip would be having a list of things that make you feel good/relaxed and maybe doing one a day or whenever you feel the need.

I'm currently doing Yin yoga which is really easy and relaxing. I also love being creative so I'm doing an online art course and have a 'mindful art journal'. I recently bought a really lovely wellbeing journal from MIND

The Wellbeing Journal: Creative Activities to Inspire (Wellbeing Guides) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1782438009/ref=cmsww_rcpp_apifabt11_iaQTFbKKEMFN4

Also have you looked at post natal supplements/vitamins?

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in