Talk

Advanced search

Returning to work.

(8 Posts)
wheresmyhairytoe Thu 29-Oct-20 09:08:02

I'm due back next week and have a back to work meeting with my boss beforehand.

Work and my boss and her constant nit picking were what tipped me over the edge into a breakdown. I'm dreading walking back in. I cried so much my last couple of days there so feel like a total fool. How do you face everyone again?
There's been new staff start too so feel like a stranger.

OP’s posts: |
HecatesCats Thu 29-Oct-20 09:38:11

I'm sorry to read about what you've been going through OP
thanks. Do you have anyone you could take with you as support? Colleague? Union rep? Or at least a familiar face/friend at work who you could meet beforehand, help you refamiliarise?

wheresmyhairytoe Thu 29-Oct-20 10:01:07

I messaged a couple of colleagues last night who I've always got on with but they sent very short answers back. I now feel worse.

HecatesCats Thu 29-Oct-20 10:13:01

wheresmyhairytoe

I messaged a couple of colleagues last night who I've always got on with but they sent very short answers back. I now feel worse.

I'm sorry. They may have been busy and may get back to you again. In the meantime you could consider contacting a support line to talk things through there's a list here: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/stress-anxiety-depression/mental-health-helplines/. Mind are on 0300 123 3393. Is there someone unconnected with work who might be able to go with you on the day and wait for you while you have the meeting?

Vampyhooch Sun 01-Nov-20 09:40:43

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

wheresmyhairytoe Sun 01-Nov-20 11:55:56

My friend is going to hang around for me.

I'm getting counselling so that is helping a bit.

Confused as to the deleted message above, hope it wasn't anything I said to offend?

HecatesCats Sun 01-Nov-20 12:48:27

I think it may have been the link that pp shared that was the problem, nothing you did OP. Really pleased your friend can be there to support you and counselling sounds like a sensible plan, I hope it helps. Good luck.

wheresmyhairytoe Mon 02-Nov-20 16:48:19

Has anyone experienced going back after time off for their mental health?
How do you react to colleagues etc? I'm so nervous.
The last time I saw everyone my boss was pissed off with me and all my colleagues saw me crying.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in