Talk

Advanced search

Evening Anxiety

(6 Posts)
Star8181 Tue 27-Oct-20 20:33:36

I can see there are a few posts here about anxiety but I didn’t want to jump on anyone’s. I’m not coping very well tonight. Anxiety is crippling me, I don’t know why it’s always so much worse at night. I can’t stop crying. I’m on 3 x10mg propanalol but I’m wondering if I should ask my GP if I can increase this - does anyone know the standard dose? I’m finding it hard to carry on at the moment...if anyone has any words of wisdom I’d appreciate it.

OP’s posts: |
timehealsmost Tue 27-Oct-20 20:42:12

mine is worse at night.,and always gets worse after the clock change

TheEmojiFormerlyKnownAsPrince Tue 27-Oct-20 21:32:52

It’s to do with circadian rhythms.

Depression is generally worse in the mornings, anxiety worse in the evenings. I don’t know why but l speak from bitter experience.

Sounds like you need more than you are currently taking. Are you on anti depressants?

Star8181 Tue 27-Oct-20 21:47:27

Thanks both. @TheEmojiFormerlyKnownAsPrince I didn’t know that, that’s interesting. I hope you are okay. I’m on Sertraline too - I think it’s 100mg but I don’t think I feel depressed, just anxious. I think I’m going to have to increase my propanalol but I know the GP was wary as my heart rate is very low at times and I believe propanalol can lower it further.

OP’s posts: |
Xley90 Tue 27-Oct-20 22:24:37

I was on 40mg propanolol at one point, which i had 3x a day, with the 10mg they told me to just take as and when needed, up to (i think) 8 times a day? Dont take my word for this though as it was a while back now, definitely speak to doctor before increasing as yes it does lower your heart rate. To be honest I was told propranolol was for panic attacks rather than general anxiety, sertraline is better for generalised anxiety. Have you tried meditation? I always found that good for evening anxiety, headspace app really helped me. I don't need medication any more after being on propranolol for 8 years. I achieved my goal of being medication free AND anxiety free before TTC, DD is 3 months old and I have no need for anxiety meds. things can get better x

Vampyhooch Sun 01-Nov-20 09:42:03

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in