Talk

Advanced search

Not depressed or suicidal...more just...meh!

(10 Posts)
malificent7 Mon 28-Sep-20 18:15:58

Not even flat....i guess just feel that life is a load of old bollocks really. Love dd and dp....but work etc is shite. And covid dosn't help.

OP’s posts: |
RepeatSwan Mon 28-Sep-20 18:19:34

Yes I know what you mean.

It is shite at times, especially at the moment.

When I was younger I used to feel I had to find someway to cheer up, but now I just feel ok being a bit flat, it's just life. I focus a lot more on cosy than happy these days.

RepeatSwan Mon 28-Sep-20 18:20:39

Oh, and I can also have patches of really happy in an otherwise neutral day.

boomboomg Mon 28-Sep-20 18:28:23

OP this is the exact thread I've been thinking of starting. You've described how I'm feeling you're not alone xx

boomboomg Mon 28-Sep-20 18:29:41

Honestly I don't get the point of life tbh. I'm not suicidal either and wouldn't kill myself but I still feel like everything is BS and I struggle to motivate myself because I think what's the fucking point

Sorry I don't mean to highjack your thread but just helps to find others feeling similar

cheesecrack Mon 28-Sep-20 18:35:40

Like @boomboomg I could have started this thread today.

I have walked the dog twice to go and get some air and daylight but I just have this very flat feeling.

I've also drank lots of water and eaten well (I normally don't).

I'm sort of waiting for it to pass.

terriblyangryattimes Mon 28-Sep-20 18:42:09

This is very much how I felt at the start of the year and went to talk to my GP. I'd felt like it for close to 18 months before I got the courage to go because I was convinced I'd either be brushed off or given some sort of 'talk to a professional' option- which I didnt want. I didnt want to do mindfulness exercises etc.

GP started me on antidepressants and 6 weeks later upped the dose. I now feel much less meh, tend to enjoy life a bit more and I think if covid hadn't blown up everyone's life so disastrously id be even chirpier.

In a nutshell what I'm saying is dont very afraid to talk to someone, but posting her is definitely a good start!

boomboomg Mon 28-Sep-20 18:45:40

@terriblyangryattimes was it your first time on meds?

I got prescribed some took one then found out I have another medical condition that causes depression so was advised to stop taking and find out if mood stabilises once my other condition is sorted.

I don't think the other Domitian is sorted and in the meantime I feel like absolute shit. I can't even focus at work and I have a job where I'm responsible for a lot of people which is very hard. Most of the time I honestly want to scream and disappear. I don't even like speaking to or connecting with friends and family at the moment. I see the negative in everyone.

Only person I like being around it my husband but he's losing patience.

I particularly hate the mon-fri. It's sickening at the mo

topcat2014 Mon 28-Sep-20 19:17:25

A year ago today I drove a little boy of seven back to his foster carers after our planned adoption broke down.

I said at the time to my mum "when will I be happy again"

Whilst i can enjoy specific events and times the level of background happiness I had has gone. So, all a bit meh here.

RepeatSwan Mon 28-Sep-20 23:08:46

@topcat2014 flowers

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in