Talk

Advanced search

Sleep support thread for adults

(6 Posts)
BlueBottles84 Mon 07-Sep-20 10:34:01

Anyone up for a sleep support thread?

I'm trying not to stay up late and have a routine.

Small daily steps. I'm going to try and be in bed my midnight tonight so my aim is not losing track of time!

Where I want to get to is 9 hours in bed and preferably asleep or at least 7.5 hours asleep and up at 7am as I know I will feel much calmer and actually tired when I need to go to bed.

I bought a book 'How to Break Up with Your Phone' which I'm going to read later as I want to cut back on it at night.

Aim is to have a productive day working now so I feel like I can switch off later.

OP’s posts: |
Muddledupme Mon 07-Sep-20 21:55:49

If your really stuck ask to be referred to a sleep disorders centre.They can be life changing.

NC4Now Mon 07-Sep-20 21:58:05

I love the Sleep Cycle app. It analyses your sleep and has lots of relaxing sleep sounds.

HMSSophie Mon 07-Sep-20 22:07:40

The YouTube stormy rainy sound casts are really good ime. Insomnia sucks.

BlueBottles84 Tue 08-Sep-20 07:22:44

@Muddledupme thank you for the tip. 9/10 times I fall asleep ok, definitely need to work on going to bed and switching off.

@NC4Now That looks like a great app, found I have this one on my phone, need to explore at weekend. Also tried FitBit for a while, they have Sleep Stories.

@HMSSophie They sound good, will add to my list on youtube.

I think part of the problem is anything that makes me pick up my phone at night means I am tempted to look at other things. I know there are some Apps that block sites after certain times, I will look at setting these for midnight at the weekend.

In the meantime I am going to keep trying to be in bed by midnight and lights off! Last night I was so tired I went to have a nap at 5.30pm and woke up at 6am this morning so that's a lot of sleep. Today will eat well and try and have a couple of walks inbetween work.

Have great days smile

Keep the suggestions coming and joiners welcome!

BlueBottles84 Wed 09-Sep-20 14:45:25

I was asleep by around 12.30 last night. Aiming to push this back to 11.45pm tonight.

I feel knackered at the moment so I might even have dinner and sack all off and go to bed if that's what I feel like.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in