Advanced search

At what point do you get professional help?

(3 Posts)
Pinkchocolate Fri 04-Sep-20 21:00:20

My 7 year old DS has been showing signs of anxiety; having nightmares related to a current situation, worrying about everything, lacking confidence in himself. I also suffer with anxiety and am on a long list waiting for help so I’m not best qualified to help him other than in a loving motherly way. He has SCD which makes it difficult for him to express himself and that leads to more anxiety. Do I speak to my GP or his (new) teacher and go through the school. I don’t really know what help is out there and if the problem needs to have gone on longer to qualify for any help?

OP’s posts: |
Throckmorton Fri 04-Sep-20 21:09:45

I would, as it's always worth reaching out for help and advice for this sort of thing. Best wishes to you both

Pinkchocolate Sat 05-Sep-20 20:46:08

Thank you

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in