Talk

Advanced search

Another mirtazapine question

(5 Posts)
Crumpets4butter Mon 31-Aug-20 13:25:01

For those who took mirtazapine at night...what time did you take it? I tend to take mine at 10:30pm and think it's way too late. Sometimes I feel drowsy within an hour other times it can be 3 hours! Advice appreciated.

OP’s posts: |
KateF Mon 31-Aug-20 13:28:32

I take it at 9.30 - 10 as I find it works quite quickly. I have been on it a long time though so it's settled down. I'm now going down from 45mg to 30 so might have to tweak things.

InsaneProbably Mon 31-Aug-20 16:51:56

I take mine at 7-8pm. But I'm awake by 5am totally regardless of when I take it, or what time I go to bed, and this way I have a chance of some decent sleep before that. Mirtazapine doesn't knock me out, though, unfortunately.

Killerpinkflamingo Tue 01-Sep-20 11:51:30

2 hours before bed for me. If I take it and go to bed straight away, I’m tossing and turning for a couple of hours. I read that it takes 2 hours for the dose to reach its peak in your bloodstream, so that would make sense.

Crumpets4butter Tue 01-Sep-20 12:45:43

Thanks all. Think it takes 2-3 hours for me. I took it at 9:15 and was asleep just gone midnight @Killerpinkflamingo that is the same for me too. Sleep would have been lovely had it not been for my 3 year old waking up at just gone 5am but that's a different story 🤣 Will prob take it a bi earlier tonight.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in