Talk

Advanced search

Struggling with the mundanity of life

(2 Posts)
Notyouraveragecliche Fri 28-Aug-20 20:10:05

Hi everyone,
Lately I'm really struggling with life. I have very little motivation to do anything and it usually means that I spend all day in bed because I can't bare to go downstairs and face the world. The fact that life is very much the same rubbish everyday, wake up, feed kids, look after kids, feed them and the cycle goes on and on. I rarely leave the house due to my agoraphobia but since lockdown it's obviously been worse and we've been stuck in the entire time.

I feel like my whole life is spent looking after my children (well duh, that is what being a parent is) but I feel like I have no time to myself. I'm always exhausted so I make sure I'm in bed by 10. I rarely do anything with my partner because we're both tired and want some time to be alone.

I know this is standard parenting, this was my choice and I used to love it but now I just feel like I can barely even force myself through the easiest of tasks. How do I learn to enjoy life again and to not feel so hateful towards myself for feeling this way.

I do love my children, so very much. It's just been so hard and so lonely. Just feel like giving up.

OP’s posts: |
TheSparklyPussycat Fri 28-Aug-20 22:18:08

This sounds like depression. See your GP. They will probably suggest a short course of antidepressants, which should get you in a better state to cope.

I know just what it's like to be in the state you describe sad brewbrew

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in