Talk

Advanced search

Depressed on furlough

(2 Posts)
inmyfeels Fri 21-Aug-20 03:43:30

I've been furloughed for 5 months now and have been begging work to let me come back. It's not even the money, I just want to go back to work. This week I had the news that my job is being scrapped. They have offered me an alternative role, that I know I can do, but I just don't want it. I feel like I've hit rock bottom and everything is spiralling out of my control.

Hubby gets that I'm down about it but his main issue is that we are not very physical in the bedroom right now and I feel like that's all he cares about. I woke up tonight at 2am as I'm not sleeping from all the stress, he made a move on me and I said I didn't want to, so he just turned over in a huff and went off to sleep. He probably won't speak to me tomorrow so on top of everything else I'm like, great, I've upset him now as well.

Seriously I don't feel like I'm coping. I truly believe that negativity breeds negativity so when times get tough I've just got to keep on swimming. But I just don't feel like I can swim for much longer. I just want my old life back because I hate this one.

OP’s posts: |
Youngatheart00 Fri 21-Aug-20 09:52:11

Just to say you’re not alone. I’m not furloughed but have been working at home for nearly 6 months now and finding it really isolating and tough. I feel I’ve lost my identity now I don’t go out to work and every day is a struggle to get motivated.

Is there anything you enjoy doing usually that you could commit to doing a couple of times a week, something just for you?

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in