Talk

Advanced search

How do I support DD?

(5 Posts)
Nattsalie Mon 17-Aug-20 00:19:45

DD is 23 and left an abusive relationship last year. She's built herself up with help from family and friends and is having counselling. Seemed to doing well but recently is saying she doesn't want to feel like this anymore, doesn't want to wake up everyday like this, nothing will ever change as she's the problem ect .

Me and her dad listen to her but Don't know what to say. Im worried about her. Give me some strategies for heĺping her.

OP’s posts: |
Icanflyhigh Mon 17-Aug-20 00:30:44

I haven't any advice for you except to say my DD 15 is currently in a similar situation. She says she has lost all feelings over last few months, doesn't eat or sleep well and is crying out for help. I'm struggling to get her counselling, and feel pretty bereft. It is horrible to not feel able to support/fix them.
Sending huge unmumsnetty hugs to you x

Nattsalie Mon 17-Aug-20 00:46:18

Icanflyhigh Sorry you and your DD are going through something similar. Its just horrid. DD doesn't eat or sleep well and I can identify with the crying out for help, but just don't know what that help should be. Feel so helpless. Hugs appreciated x flowers

myrtleWilson Mon 17-Aug-20 00:57:56

Can I join you? am currently in hospital watching my DD sleep. She's been struggling with an eating disorder (her response to severe anxiety/depression) which led to hospitalisation on Thursday night. She's on a meal plan to help nudge her body safely into a safer zone than where she is now (risk of organ damage/heart seizures, even heart attacks). Her mental health will take a long time to rebalance and it upsets me so much that I can't just make it all better for her.

Nattsalie Mon 17-Aug-20 01:05:45

Please do myrtleWilson That sounds such a frightening situation. As Mums we want to to be abld to make them better . I feel so inadequate that I don't know how. Seems your DD is in the right place to get the help she needs at the present time. Hope you can get a little sleep.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in