Talk

Advanced search

Separation from my baby

(2 Posts)
chocolate26 Sun 16-Aug-20 11:00:02

I am a first time mum to my 9 week old DD who I am absolutely besotted with. Since she's been born I have this fear of becoming unwell and being admitted to hospital and being separated from her. She is breastfed so relies solely on me. My DH is a great dad to her and they have a lovely bond already so I know she would be taken good care of but the thought of her missing me or needing me and me not being there is terrifying me.
I have been feeling dizzy for about 5 weeks (bloods all fine) but recently they have turned into what I think are full blown panic attacks to the point I can't even sit up without feeling like I am going to faint.
Has anyone experienced anything like this? I don't know what to do! Will I feel like this forever?
I do struggle with anxiety and particularly health anxiety so this is no surprise really. I have had loads of CBT in the past but nothing seems to help me.

OP’s posts: |
Hufflepuff21 Sun 16-Aug-20 11:10:02

Please speak to your GP. This is so similar to how I felt when my eldest was little. I got counselling and started on anti-depressants (while breastfeeding - there are safe ones). Don't let it get worse.x

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in