Advanced search

OCD - do I see GP or Therapist

(3 Posts)
pinky987 Mon 10-Aug-20 11:33:55

I have contamination ocd and it is getting worse and worse, making me very unhappy and affecting my family.

I have never spoken to anyone about this previously but have today messaged a local therapist who does counselling, hypnotherapy etc. Is this the best course of action or should I also see the GP?

OP’s posts: |
Spam88 Mon 10-Aug-20 13:03:06

See your GP, they can refer you to an appropriate service. Might be quicker to go private depending on what services are like in your area but it's worth trying your GP first I think.

pinky987 Mon 10-Aug-20 13:17:34

Thank you. I thought the same that going private would be quicker but I can speak to gp first and then choose I guess.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in