Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

I have been on citlopram for 2 weeks and feel no better now.... what should I do?

(5 Posts)
tobias123 Thu 13-Sep-07 10:36:29

As the title states. I have been very depressed with my daughter being ill and everything that could go wrong go wrong.
Anyway after I had been away with my mother in August I realised I was a horrible woman and mother and plucked up the courage to go to the gp 2 weeks agao. I have started on 20mg and although I am not as moody and not shouting as much I just cannot get motivated or be bothered. I was bad with my teenage children last night as they do not understand I need help. My daughter is 16 and does nothing at all to help me around the house and just gives me cheek.

I have made an appointmnet for the doctors in the morning so will let you know what he says. Thanks

onlyjoking9329 Thu 13-Sep-07 10:39:42

Well done on going to the doctors it is a big step, it might just be that they need to up your meds to get it working better.

WigWamBam Thu 13-Sep-07 10:41:33

Give it time. It can take much longer than two weeks for it to make a difference - up to six weeks. The GP probably won't want to up the dose until you've been taking it for a couple of weeks longer.

CaptainCaveman Thu 13-Sep-07 10:45:39

Hi Tobias, do give it a little more time. I've been back on Citalopram (20mg) now for 5 weeks and definately sooo much better than I was. Its inevitable that you will still have ups and downs, however, these will get much easier to deal with and allow you to live a normal life.

Take it easy on yourself, you've clearly been through a very tough time. Best advice I had is really just to take it one day at a time, or if like me you feel panicky and anxious, just take it a minute at a time.

There are loads of us mums suffering panic/anxiety/depression so please don't feel alone - many of us feel or have felt the way you do now - you're welcome to join us on our prayer thread (dont' be put off by the title) as a fair few of us are currently suffering similar experiences to yourself.

CaptainCaveman Thu 13-Sep-07 10:46:58

prayer thread

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: