Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

oops i did it again

(10 Posts)
madhouse2 Wed 29-Aug-07 21:58:10

what i hear you say well i lost my temper with dd age 6 everyday i say it will be better and it never is
i go on at her all the time and blame her for everything and now and proberbly all night will worry about it but at the time i really can't help it
I know she reacts well to me being positive with her but i just can't she is also starting to moan all the time nothing is ever right so i have a go about that but its me who is like that
i just can't be positive i was really close to her before ds 2 1/2 was born but i can't relax
HELP before my dd ens up miserable like me she is desperate to please and lovely why can't i see that when shes around

pyjamaqueen Wed 29-Aug-07 21:59:38

Try not to beat yourself up. We all lose it with our children sometimes. If you've also got a toddler no wonder you're tired. Do you get any time away from them at all?

Biglips Wed 29-Aug-07 22:00:03

can i ask u WHY are you being like this?... do u have pnd?....

Biglips Wed 29-Aug-07 22:01:33

i find that if i use my hobbies (keep fit or archery)..i feel so refreshed and it good to have a break away from the kids too

madhouse2 Wed 29-Aug-07 22:07:55

don't know why iam being like this just can't seem to get out of the habit of moaning!!!
is it dpression? i was prescribed ad but nothing changed so have been trying to sort myself out
my time out is only when i go to work 12hrs per week when my mum and mil babysit don't like to ask for any more dh works permanent nights so isn't around
this isn't just losing it abit this seems to be everyday i know its the hols but even when shes been at school all day she still winds me up when she gets home
i just don't know how to relax with her and seem to resent being with her i want to laugh again and enjoy my kids before there grown up

Biglips Wed 29-Aug-07 22:11:32

is there anything that youre worried about? or are you tired?

as i can feel im gonna shout LOUD at my DD when im very tired as ive got money worries atm but thats just me!. When my Dp is home from work..i go for a walk to get some fresh air in my head.

how long did u take the ADS for?

Biglips Wed 29-Aug-07 22:12:45

or it is cos your Dh works nights?

madhouse2 Wed 29-Aug-07 22:23:52

dh working nights and our money worries make me feel on my own he does nothing around the house hasn't a clue about our finances and isn't around for the school run/bath time etc so i just feel responsible for everything on my own
when he is home hes great at playing with the kids but we just sit in 1 on the computer 1 watching tv
was on ads for 6 wks low dosage feel i may need to go back to drs
i can do the practical stuff school run make tea etc its the laughs and fun time i can't do
dh doesn't do talking or emotional stuff and doesn't think depression exists we had a really bad time when i was pregnat with ds dh drank all the time nearly divorced over it when he was 6mths so i think thats when i put my guard up and became a marter
does any of this make sense???

Biglips Thu 30-Aug-07 10:47:51

yes it does make sense...

Well how do all managed to carry on everyday life without talking about things?...as if i didnt talk to my Dp...we both would've of finished a long time ago. Sounds like that your DH got a brick wall built around him!..What happens if you do start talking? Does he go blank?

it can take up to 3 months for the ADs tabs to kick in..Go back to the docs.

Biglips Thu 30-Aug-07 10:48:58

correction....

Well how do you all managed to carry on.....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now