Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Today I lost it and threw a glass of juice at the kitchen wall

(9 Posts)
saltire Wed 22-Aug-07 09:34:40

If it hadn't been the wall I would have tipped it over DS1. I am tired, I haven't slept properly for weeks. The noise outside and sometimes next door is relentless. my fibromyalgia has flared up big time over the past 2 months. The DSes are driving me nuts.
So far this morning DS1 has ripped up DS2's Dr Who comic - because he felt like it. He ripped up DS2s Doctor Who annual - because he felt like it. DS1 never sleeps past 6am, no matter what time he goes to bed, he invariably waken his brother. DS2 has retaliated by ripping up DS1s Match magazine, so DS1 hit him, cue lots of screaming and crying. DS2 then shut DS1 out the living room, DS1 had a tantrum of epic proportions. They won't stop bickering, nothing works, the PS2 has been taken away, the TV taken away fromt ehir room, DS1s wrestler toys are away, DS2s DR WHos toys and they still bicker and fight and hit each other, its never ending and I just lost it this morning they asked for juice, so I made them up a glass of squash each. DS1 had another tantrum (he's9 he should be past this)and said he didn't want it. I picked it up and really almost tipped it over him, but threw it across the kitchen instead.
There is nothing to do down here, no parks for them, nowhere for them to go. Like I said I'm tired and sore and beginning to feel really resentful to DH for bringing us down here. I never see anyone, I never go out during the day as there is nowhere to go.I can't get my childminding started - which I think is adding to the stress and threfore causing my fibrmyalgia to flare up again, I am stressed ove rna incident which has happened in our old MQ and we weren't there to sort it out so result is 2 sepperate bills for over £100, which DH wants to just pay to get out of the way, but I don't want to.

Ok I wanted to get this off my chest,

ScummyMummy Wed 22-Aug-07 09:39:40

Shit, saltire.That sounds like a really bad start to the day. Is there any public transport or do you have a car? Sounds like you need to bundle those boys out the house and take them somewhere they can run off some energy, preserable where you can sit quietly and sip a calming cup of tea.

dustystar Wed 22-Aug-07 09:40:07

Where are you Saltire?
Are there no others mners near you?

ScummyMummy Wed 22-Aug-07 09:41:05

preserable = preferably

Where are you living?

saltire Wed 22-Aug-07 10:14:28

scummymummy - I can't drive, and even if I could DH needs the car for work.
I'm in fareham in Hampshire, only been here a couple of months and HATE it. I have never even seen a playpark near us.
Just feel really tired, fed up and dare I say it, very homesick!

dustystar Wed 22-Aug-07 10:16:39

I'm sure there are some mners near you that you could meet for a coffee.

Shoshable Wed 22-Aug-07 10:19:58

saltire can you get into Portsmouth next Thursday, we are going to be tehre at the HMS Victory, would be a day out , your DSs would love it and would break the awfulness.

saltire Wed 22-Aug-07 11:02:08

I'll need to check the finances Shosh, but I'll let you know. Thanks.
Had calmed down a bit but then the Tesco man arrived and upset me again!.

Carmenere Wed 22-Aug-07 11:21:39

I have a lasting memory of my mum throwing a bowl of soup against a wall because my dsis stayed out all night at the age of about 14. she also shoved my db's face into his plate of baked beans because he repeated flicked them around the kitchen It certainly didn't do us any harm and we know that she adores us. she was just at the end of her tether, like you are. This will pass, you will be ok again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now