Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

stopping sertraline

(5 Posts)
lulabella2002 Sun 12-Aug-07 23:35:13

been on sertraline for 10 months and thought i'd try to wean myself off them.went from 100mg to 50mg about 2 weeks ago but have been feeling strange for about 4 days or so.headache,tired,dizzy,light headed,stomach ache.managed to go to work but knackered after 2 12hour shifts.is this the tablets(or lack of)or im i just ill.also still breastfeeding ds will he suffer from side effects from my medication being cut?

Dior Sun 12-Aug-07 23:36:31

Message withdrawn

lulabella2002 Sun 12-Aug-07 23:51:39

hi no hallucinatins!felt a bit spaced out for couple of weeks.did loose weight initially but starting to put it back on.also found it decreased libido and made ability to orgasm more difficult-this improved after 3 weeks or so.would recommend it though seemed to make me more chilled out and i stopped wanting to murder my 4 year old dd

Dior Mon 13-Aug-07 08:31:09

Message withdrawn

lissie Mon 13-Aug-07 08:34:28

i had the same side effects when i came off sertraline (and when i went back on them) i would speak to your gp before taking yourself off them. you are supposed to be "ok" for 6m before coming off them (in an ideal world)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now