Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Has anyone tried a light box for SAD?

(7 Posts)
nellyraggbagg Sun 12-Aug-07 21:35:53

Hello!
I get very miserable in winter and am already dreading the dark mornings and evenings (roll on 21st December, when I shall be cracking open the champagne!!) It's my birthday soon, and I've asked my husband to buy me a light box to cheer me up during long dark days with the children in the kitchen, but have no idea where to start. Does anyone have any experience, either positive or negative, that would help? I would be most grateful!

Califrau Sun 12-Aug-07 21:38:53

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

nellyraggbagg Sun 12-Aug-07 23:16:26

Thank you, Califrau. Do you have any idea what brand of box your aunt has? (Not likely, but you never know!!) I think I will have to get up an hour early so I get chance to use it...

Califrau Sun 12-Aug-07 23:23:34

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Dior Sun 12-Aug-07 23:24:48

Message withdrawn

Ulysees Sun 12-Aug-07 23:38:54

yes they're great. I lent it to a friend with severe SAD and she agrees.

nellyraggbagg Mon 13-Aug-07 19:41:49

Thank you all for your advice/encouragement! I shall give it a go. Do any of you recall any particular makes being effective? And did they cost you a small fortune? They seem to vary on the internet!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now