Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

finally made appointment

(11 Posts)
alexw Thu 26-Jul-07 20:34:22

My dd is now 2.7 but I know I have been very under par since her birth - bad experience, lots of guilt about things and made worse by others' criticism of my decision to ff. Anyway I finally decided today that the "shut yer gob and turn up the wireless" attitude to things wasn't working so have appointment with Dr tomorrow...

Biglips Thu 26-Jul-07 20:35:22

Well done x

alexw Fri 27-Jul-07 10:49:05

Saw Dr this morning and he's put me on fluoxetine - was a wreck in surgery but hope things will now start to improve.

Biglips Fri 27-Jul-07 22:06:19

yes....it will either start to improve quickly or it will take a while to start to improve.

Have you got PND?

alexw Sat 28-Jul-07 08:47:25

Yes!!

ipodtherforipoor Sat 28-Jul-07 08:53:07

are you me???

I have, in the last 4 weeks done just the same thing. And 2.5 years of crying and shouting have gone - people at work say I have changed, life is less stressful and I feel like me again.

I've put back in all the peircings that came out on the night of the emergency CS and started wearing what I want to wear rather than the mum clothes that hide the lumps and bumps. Infact I dont even care about the lumps and bumps anymore - they are a result of my georgous boy, and yes while I want to lose weight it wont happen over night so I am living for today, whatever state i'm in!

Sorry to highjack but I just wanted you to know you aren't the only one to let PND go on so long, and I wanted you to know the difference is amazing -

I had forgotten what it felyt like to be ME!

alexw Sat 28-Jul-07 09:08:48

Thanks for the reassurance. We'll see in the next few weeks how things are.

turquoisenights Sat 28-Jul-07 09:37:46

how long have you used it ipodtherforipoor?
did you take it in the mornings or at night times?
thanks

ipodtherforipoor Sat 28-Jul-07 09:41:25

I'm taking cittalopram, 20mg once a day, at night - cant drive if I take it in the day - I get a a bit crap at driving on it!

been on it a month, with 2 weeks prescriptions at a time, and now i'm on a monthly repeat, and just need to see Dr once a month.

It really has made the greatest difference to me and my parenting

bigmouthstrikesagain Sat 28-Jul-07 09:48:08

Well done for facing your fears alexw - I hope you find the Fluoxetine helpful.

My mum started taking fluoxetine last year - I wish she had tried it 30+ years ago - it really helps her to deal with her life and she has been living with severe depression for a loooong time.

If it can help her then I can see it will help other women get through periods of pnd - help you see the light at the end of the tunnel iyswim. You are a fantastic mother and I am sure your treatment will help you see this for yourself

alexw Sat 28-Jul-07 15:47:44

Thank you all for the support.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: