Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

conceiving on antidepressants

(10 Posts)
iamnotstressed Wed 25-Jul-07 19:22:09

My gp is adamant that i shouldn;t try and i tend to agree at least for the time being. I wondered if anyone concieved straight after stopping taking ads, did things work out? I am convinced that pregnancy hormones would do the same job as the antidepressants.

Ellie04Millie072606 Wed 25-Jul-07 20:15:54

Hi yes I conceived on anti depressants, but I waened off of them through my pregnancy, now i have a 11 week old, and i am o.k still at the moment!!

iamnotstressed Wed 25-Jul-07 20:22:46

i am on citalopram, and you?

Ellie04Millie072606 Wed 25-Jul-07 20:25:28

No I am on flouroxitine.

iamnotstressed Wed 25-Jul-07 20:29:46

Were you adviced to stop taking them before conceiving? They all seem to pose risks...what a pain.

Ellie04Millie072606 Wed 25-Jul-07 21:04:41

No i was planning, trying for over a year, and moved house and fell pregnant, rang gp, advised to ween off.

iamnotstressed Thu 26-Jul-07 21:21:40

thank you. i am trying to wean off them now and see what happens.

Trinityrhino Thu 26-Jul-07 21:24:51

I was on ad's when I fell pg with dd2 and they changed me from fluoxetine to citalopram

I was still on them when I had her and BF her then I fell pg with gecko and a different doctor decided that Ishould instead be on peroxetine whilst bf so am on that now

and yes pg hormones did he same job for me as I accidently forgot for weeks to take them whilst pg with gecko and felt fine ,appart ferom the two weeks of headaches that I later realised were caused by ad cold turkey, and then I felt fine until gecko was about 4 months and then fell into the hole again and restarted

iamnotstressed Thu 26-Jul-07 23:09:19

oh dear, there seem to be very different opinions about which ads are ok in pregnancy...

millseymum Mon 30-Jul-07 21:04:44

hi ladies,

I was on citalopram for panic attacks from 8 wks pg until my son was 8 mths old and he is fine so I found it v. helpful and my dr said it was fine.xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now