Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Anyone know

(5 Posts)
alexw Tue 24-Jul-07 11:12:09

how long untreated pnd can last for?

meandmy Tue 24-Jul-07 11:16:46

if you feel you got pnd talk to a health professional, it varies in difeerent women

belgo Tue 24-Jul-07 11:17:22

it can last for years in some cases. I don't know at what point PND becomes just 'depression'. Sometimes it will get better on it's own.

alexw Tue 24-Jul-07 11:20:16

sounds crazy, but my dd is now 2.7 but I knew early on I was low. Refused to admit to pnd and kept telling myself that if I kept positive things would improve. Thought anti depressants were too easy an option (stupid I know). Anyway, still aware that I'm not right somehow - no libido at all and it used to be good, tired all the time even though dd has slept through since 6 weeks and no real enthusiasm for much... Sorry, long.

TranquilaManana Tue 24-Jul-07 11:24:38

know exactly wht you mean alex. have been up and down (more down) a lot in the last few years. have been fne for a week or so, now today feeling flat and down and shitty. my youngest is 18m, but is all still overhanging from the first who is just 4.

i think these things will drag on forever unlss we take some control and make steps to 'fix' it. personally.

but i completely understand the feeling of not wanting to admit a problem, or 'give in to it'.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now