Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

What do you do if you have no support?

(8 Posts)
BellyNoMates Thu 19-Jul-07 13:10:32

After another overdose my husband has decided he cannot offer me support anymore and I don't really know what to do to fill his 'place' so to speak. He has hinted at me going away to hospital for a while, but I am unsure how I go about it etc. What can I do to support myself now instead? I have a CPN but I need day by day, almost hour by hour support and I see her once a month roughly. I don't really know where to turn now

meandmy Thu 19-Jul-07 13:12:59

speak to your cpn ask her as she will be able to give you the extra support admit you to hospital, my uncles wife has recently spent some time in hospital and is feeling much better now. good luck

BellyNoMates Thu 19-Jul-07 13:15:18

Thanks, I am seeing someone this afternoon from the CMHT and maybe they know what to do in cases like this.

Bananaknickers Thu 19-Jul-07 13:17:37

Belly go to your GP. Do you have small children at home? Health visitor may be able to give you some help with them too. Ring the Samaratains , they are really good and are always there.

Desiderata Thu 19-Jul-07 13:19:03

Yes, I think you should refer yourself to hospital for a while. It seems like you have reached one of life's decision-making crossroads.

Ask to be admitted for assessment and care.

BellyNoMates Thu 19-Jul-07 13:37:50

Yes I have one child. HV is coming out tomorrow to see me aswell. My GP isn't really involved with my care that much other than to do the prescriptions. The CMHT didn't want me in hospital before because apart from times of bad depression etc. I am 'normal' (sorry cannot think of a more suitable word) it's just DH doesn't really want to bother with me anymore.

Bananaknickers Thu 19-Jul-07 13:54:54

Belly I bet it's not that he dosen't want to bother with you hun.Sometimes when we are in a deppression it is difficult for partners to cope with it all, they are not proffesionals used to dealing with it. It's hard watching someone you love feling so helpless and being unable to help or do the right thing. Please don't feel like he dosen't love you and care. Can you call your CPN and ask to be admitted to hospital for a while?
I used to see one once a month too, along time ago. Are you seeing a counseller?
My health visitor used to arange for a nursery nurse to come around once a week and help with the children, they do homestart around here , that does the same thing. I know it's not emotional support , but practical help is a godsend too.

Bananaknickers Thu 19-Jul-07 15:37:07

You still there ?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: