Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

is there anyone whos awake but too tired to go to bed?

(12 Posts)
VerySweatyBetty Sat 14-Jul-07 23:56:55

God im bored but so tired i cant be bothered to go to bed id rather fall asleep at the comp then risk waking my 11 month old son who refuses to give me a whole nights sleep.

naturopath Sat 14-Jul-07 23:59:30

I feel for you VSB! am similar, but only really waiting up to see if DH has managed to finally settle DS on a drive..bc if not I will be woken up soon. Comp preferable.. ah, here they are!

VerySweatyBetty Sun 15-Jul-07 00:02:00

well i feel 4 you too! i will be woken up by my 3 yr old son who like clock work wakes me up at about 3 to sleep in my bed and usually at least once a week i wake up in a puddle of wee

Jenkeywerewolf Sun 15-Jul-07 00:04:42

I can't bear to go to bed as the second I fall asleep dd will be up crying - it's almost less painful to wait up and deal with her when I'm fully conscious. But I am so so tired, parenting is shit sometimes isn't it?

VerySweatyBetty Sun 15-Jul-07 00:35:55

tell me about the amount of times when my sons were newborn ive fallen asleep for a moment feeding them

nappyaddict Sun 15-Jul-07 01:07:46

i always slept while i fed ds!

VerySweatyBetty Sun 15-Jul-07 01:19:02

god what does 5 unbroken sleep feel like its been too long

Alseymum Wed 18-Jul-07 23:48:58

Hi to anyone who's still up. Need a moan. Had a rubbish day, seem to have spent all day feeding 6mth old. Didn't even get a break this evening as she wouldn't go to sleep. She finally went down at 11pm. Hubby asleep and snoring at 10pm. Am too tired and resentful to sleep. Anticipating a waking baby. I agree with Jenkeywerewolf about it being less painful staying up. God I'm tired.

UCM Wed 18-Jul-07 23:50:14

I am completely fuked

SpeccieSeccie Wed 18-Jul-07 23:52:46

Agree. Exhausted but need to have some 'quiet house' time before going to bed (only to be woken...)

IdrisTheDragon Thu 19-Jul-07 00:07:49

I am also tired, need to go to bed, but want some quiet time on my own before going to bed and being woken up by DD going "I wannnn Muuuuummmmmmmmy" in the way that only she can. Really should go to bed by about 10 but then find myself still awake when it's into tomorrow.

StudentMadwife Thu 19-Jul-07 00:08:48

Me, Im always like it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now