Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Is anyone around to talk?

(110 Posts)
LittleMissPetty Sun 22-Apr-18 23:49:30

Please help I need talking down. I'm feeling so lonely. When I was younger and feeling like this I'd self harm or go for a walk - night walks were the best. I can do neither now but feeling horrible and getting to the hysterical stage. I want to cry my eyes out but that feels worse but can't stop them. Please tell me a story or your day or anything.

Itscurtainsforyou Sun 22-Apr-18 23:52:13

I'm sorry you're feeling like this.

I don't have anything exciting really, but just heard that someone is my online running group has completed the London marathon - she took 10h55m so they'd taken the course down, but she still carried on. I'm in awe of her.

Itscurtainsforyou Sun 22-Apr-18 23:52:36

Do you want to talk about how you're feeling?

Reythelastjedi Sun 22-Apr-18 23:54:20

I'm here. Are you okay? Is there anyone with you?

TheSecretMole Sun 22-Apr-18 23:56:09

Breathe - 5 in, 7 out, slowly.

I’ve had to open my window as it’s so hot but now I can hear the foxes rooting around our rubbish...bastards. I’ve turned the light off to get to sleep but not sure if I’ll manage for a while.

What sounds can you hear? Sometimes I try to ground myself using these. For me, it’s a ticking clock, a voice talking in the distance somewhere, distant car....and of course the bastard fox.

LittleMissPetty Sun 22-Apr-18 23:56:51

That must be such a wonderful feeling to achieve that. It doesn't matter that the course was down - I probably couldn't even do a mile. Really so much admiration for every single person who does the marathon even those who don't finish at least they tried which takes a huge amount of courage.

I don't know why I'm feeling like this. A lot is going on at the moment and it's just overwhelming.

Have you had a good day?

LittleMissPetty Sun 22-Apr-18 23:58:21

Foxes rooting in bins would freak me out. I just heard noises and totally panicked and had to run downstairs to check no one had broken in.

LittleMissPetty Sun 22-Apr-18 23:59:30

No one is here except DD who is asleep. I have no one to call or ask for help

TheSecretMole Sun 22-Apr-18 23:59:44

Sadly I’m used to the noise now! I take comfort in hearing other people or animals move about, actually - makes me feel less alone.

Please don’t think you’re alone - many, many people are struggling for a variety of different reasons and there’s no shame in it.

LittleMissPetty Mon 23-Apr-18 00:00:06

I can't call Samaritans as signal is non existent with no home phone

TheSecretMole Mon 23-Apr-18 00:02:40

www.samaritans.org/how-we-can-help-you/different-ways-you-can-get-touch/what-happens-when-i-email

They can take up to 24 hours to reply via email, which isn’t helpful for you right now I know, but could be in the future.

WhereIsBlueRabbit Mon 23-Apr-18 00:03:06

You definitely aren't alone.

As a random distraction, I just heard the most awful thud and panicked that someone was banging on the door. Turned out to be DS flinging himself against his cot bars with serious intent. blush

I've spent most of my day on trains and clearing up after we vacated the house for building work for a week. The dust is everywhere! I would rather have been gardening and enjoying the sunshine. Would rather have been eating cake and lazing around, actually

TheSecretMole Mon 23-Apr-18 00:04:09

What’s your favourite food or cuisine?

LittleMissPetty Mon 23-Apr-18 00:06:19

Did your DS sleep through it?

The dust after building works is never ending but in sure it'll be worth it. Reward yourself with cake and lazing next chance you get

LittleMissPetty Mon 23-Apr-18 00:08:08

I don't even know what I like at the moment. I feel like I'm not here if that makes sense; I'm just watching a tv show of everyone else

LittleMissPetty Mon 23-Apr-18 00:10:52

I think I need to go back to the doctor. I felt like this last Wednesday but euphoric on Friday. Last year I was in 50mg of sertraline. But then I felt better and the £8.50 prescription fee seemed to be better spent elsewhere.

comfycosy123 Mon 23-Apr-18 00:12:01

You are not alone !!

What I find helps and may work for you is lights off lie in bed with your ear phones in and listen to your favourite song ! To me it feels like Iv cut the world off for a little while.

TheSecretMole Mon 23-Apr-18 00:12:57

Yes it sounds like it would be good for you to visit the GP again to get some better support. The Sertraline may well have been making you feel a lot better, so perhaps taking that again would be helpful. Your mental health is certainly worth that money.

LittleMissPetty Mon 23-Apr-18 00:13:42

I can't talk about me; I'm just a weak, fucked up person who is emotionally broken

LittleMissPetty Mon 23-Apr-18 00:14:55

No I know but when you don't have anyone to tell you that at the time it all seems fine

Bosabosa Mon 23-Apr-18 00:16:27

Hello OP

You are not alone. I wish I could say something to cheer you up but I only have this joke which you may or may not enjoy.

I went to a zoo the other day but all it has was a dog.
It was a chitzu
(Geddit?!)

Ta-da, am a comedy genius grin

TheSecretMole Mon 23-Apr-18 00:16:42

I know, I totally get that and I’ve been there - it’s really difficult to see clearly. Be kind to yourself.

LittleMissPetty Mon 23-Apr-18 00:17:48

If I listened to music right now it wouldn't be the best music to listen to when like this. I have Netflix on but it's 13 reasons why which is probably not the best but can't cope with anything else

TheSecretMole Mon 23-Apr-18 00:18:13

Re your line “I'm just a weak, fucked up person who is emotionally broken“ - I was basically saying the same to my DP earlier. He assured me I’m not, but it’s so hard to understand - I really do appreciate where you’re coming from and you’re not alone

LittleMissPetty Mon 23-Apr-18 00:19:01

BosaBosa that is such a crap joke but it's hilarious at the same time. Thank you

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: