Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Untitled

(5 Posts)
gremlin Wed 09-May-07 14:45:25

I have started taking 10mg of Citalopram 2 weeks ago (upped to 20mg after 1 week). Am taking it for anxiety and insomnia. Can anyone tell me if the Citalopram has helped them sleep or if I can take a Temezepam whilst taking Citalopram. Don't know what to do next.

fryalot Wed 09-May-07 14:53:30

sorry, I don't know the answer.... you could try posting this again but naming your thread Citalopram, then people who have experience of it may come along and help you.

gremlin Wed 09-May-07 14:54:37

Thanks! Having probs with my wireless connection and ended sending it without subject title!

fryalot Wed 09-May-07 14:56:45

hope you get some answers

blackandblue Fri 20-Jul-07 10:25:09

My boyfriend decided to go "cold turkey" by coming off citalopram five days ago. I think he should have consulted his doctor and givin his 20mg a day dose up slowly or had the dose reduced. I'm really worried about what sort of withdrawal symptoms he will have and how long they will go on for. He's bipolar (manic depression) and I'm wondering if it is possible to manage this illness without antidepressants.

His reasons for wanting to give up citalopram were lack of sexual feelings and sleeping 20 hours a day. He has a point.

Any comments, anyone?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now