Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Borderline Personality Disorder Help

(8 Posts)
Pointlessfacts Tue 13-Mar-18 15:29:14

Does anyone have any experience with this??

Can it actually be managed??

I feel so lost and confused

eyeswideshit Tue 13-Mar-18 15:36:44

Mine is managed I suppose at the minute. As long as I do as little as possible. Not leaving the house for example, minimal conversations with others. Not a fun life, but a life.

Pointlessfacts Tue 13-Mar-18 15:38:27

I don't know how to manage/deal with it.

I wouldn't even know where to begin.

eyeswideshit Tue 13-Mar-18 15:41:06

I've been on antipsychotics about a year now. They helped a lot. But it took 3 years to get there. It's a hard slog and I've not had the best help in terms of care. A good doctor is what's kept me going in all honesty.

CleverQuacks Tue 13-Mar-18 15:46:14

I agree with eyeswideshit. Anti psychotic medication has made a huge difference to me. I am now able to function normally (hold down a job, be in a relationship, care for my children etc). It’s not easy to get antipsychotic medication though.

darkriver198868 Tue 13-Mar-18 21:22:48

I have a diagnosis of EUPD (BPD) and take antipsychotics. I do feel that it helps. I hope that you can get the support you need.

Wiseoldhoots Wed 14-Mar-18 09:13:39

What if my DS is taken off me in the process??

Orangecake123 Thu 15-Mar-18 17:33:33

Children are only removed in extreme cases.

I was diagnosed with BPD last august. I've been in twice a week pscychodynamic therapy for the past 15 months. It really does make a difference- but I'm not 100% "cured" yet and I still have my down days, but I'm different from when I first started. I can control my emotions better. I rage less and I know when I'm acting out.

I would recommend the book:Get me out of here, my recovery from borderline personality disorder. Recovery is possible. It just takes time.

I tried medication trazadone and steraline but found that medication made me feel much more suicidal so I'm not currently on anything.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: