Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Down days after feeling good?

(8 Posts)
MrsDarcy99 Tue 13-Mar-18 07:16:49

Just that really. I've been feeling so much better mentally and emotionally. I've been on HRT and Sertraline since September. But yesterday I couldn't get out of bed to go to work. I just felt so low so called in sick to work.

I feel slightly less down today but still not right.

Is this normal? I thought I'd be over it all by now.

thesunwillout Tue 13-Mar-18 07:21:22

Id say it was normal and not to get too bogged down in why, its a process and you're human. X

MrsDarcy99 Tue 13-Mar-18 07:24:51

@thesunwillout Thank you for your reply. I know you're right, maybe I'm expecting too much from myself.

MrsPatmore Tue 13-Mar-18 07:26:21

I wonder if your dose of Sertraline needs to increase? Book an appt with your GP.

thesunwillout Tue 13-Mar-18 07:38:32

Agree, you may need a med review, doing the same for one of my dc today.

MrsDarcy99 Tue 13-Mar-18 07:41:21

Thank you...maybe you're right. I'm not sure I've closed off the loop with regards to my depression. It's all well and good treating it, but I haven't learnt how to cope with the triggers.

thesunwillout Tue 13-Mar-18 07:52:31

I think you always have to be aware of it, it seems you have awareness. This goes some way yo accepting and then managing it. I am a long time depression sufferer too.
My days, weeks vary so much and it's not easy. But you're to remind yourself, you are going your best.

MrsDarcy99 Tue 13-Mar-18 09:05:17

I think I am aware of it. I just don't seem to have any control over it. Which is frustrating and confusing at the same time.

No one in real life seems to understand though. Everyone just seems to think the medication should work and that everything is better. I have days where I just try to put a brave face on it and then days when even that is impossible.

Hey ho. At least I've managed to leave the house today and going to work!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now