Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Termination due to antenatal depression - recovery time

(3 Posts)
Terrified999 Mon 12-Mar-18 09:59:35

Hello everyone.
I have two children aged 11 and 6. I really wanted another some day and fell pregnant a couple of weeks back. I had always been terrified of having another baby because at around 30 weeks with my second son I suffered crippling anxiety and depression and was on suicide watch and under mental health crisis team. It was the scariest time of my life. I took a while to recover following it. This time the anxiety started kicking in before I knew I was pregnant. It got worse and worse and at 5 weeks and 3 days I had a termination out of fear it would all happen again and I would loose my two children. This was just under 3 days ago. I thought I'd start to feel better but I'm not doing. I cry a lot. My mind whizzes, I can't concentrate. I get hot flushes. I'm so scared I'm stuck like this. I was already taking escitalopram also known as lexapro 20mg but wasn't really feeling the benefit as been on it years and doctor prescribed me 2mg of diazepam twice a day. I just feel like I want to sleep and not wake up.

CoCoCoconut Mon 12-Mar-18 10:04:05

I'm so sorry. I don't have any expertise or advice, but just a gentle reminder that this is only three days later... So very, very early on that any concern that you are 'stuck like this' is very premature. You are still going through it. You can't go through something and move past it at the same time. Wishing you a full and speedy return to health flowers

Terrified999 Tue 13-Mar-18 13:39:08

Thank you. I'm so emotional and cry a lot struggling to get out or concentrate. Had to take my son to an appointment today and felt slightly better when I was out but coming back home is just a reminder again. It feels like my prison. I even debated moving house but we have only been hear six months and my children will go nuts as they find it stressful. I rang Marie stopes to see what was normal and they seemed more concerned I hadn't passed any large clots. Sorry if this sounds gross. X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now