Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Borderline personality & pregnancy

(4 Posts)
Katyx3 Tue 13-Feb-18 17:57:56

Anyone have this or know anyone? Just looking for reassurance and advice really, currently 19 weeks gone! X

eyeswideshit Tue 13-Feb-18 18:18:56

I have bpd but I'm not pregnant. Not sure if that helps at all

Deborah543 Wed 14-Feb-18 12:40:53

I'm pregnant and have just looked into bdp on mind and think I might have it.

How does it effect you, particularly during your pregnancy? I've been really withdrawn and struggling to understand my emotions, thoughts and feelings since being pregnant. How long have you had the diagnosis? Has having the diagnosis helped you and does it feel right. Eg a diagnosis of psychosis did not feel right to me, whereas dyslexia really did.

I'm not keen on labels though as I have a tendency to self diagnose myself with all sorts of mental health conditions, including aspersgeres and adhd. I do struggle with relationships and have had periods of dissociation. I was diagnosed with a psychotic episode but didn't have hallosinations so I think it might have been a misdiagnosed dissociative episode. I am very good at'zoning out' in stressful situations. I'll mention it to the psychiatrist and l keep you updated after my appointment next week. Online is definitely not the place to diagnose conditions. I've got a diagnosis of dyslexia with mild dyspraxia but that's a learning difference not a mental health condition.

Flimp Wed 14-Feb-18 14:44:11

is there something in particular you're worried about? And have you got support with managing your BPD symptoms?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now