Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Lonely mum

(5 Posts)
Nina1987 Tue 13-Feb-18 10:57:34

So, I’m a stay at home mum to my beautiful baby boy but I’m so incredibly lonely. I have moved to a place that was promised to be easy to live and be closer to friends. This happens to be the total opposite and I have never felt so lonely in all my life. I don’t drive and travel is so expensive here. My parents live in Spain and my sister has a life of her own that means she can’t be here at all. I go to baby and toddler groups and I try to be out of the house but things are getting bad. My partner doesn’t care and he has currently moved out because we are fighting, leaving me even more lonely. I have been to the doctors and they are happy with my mental health but I fear being this lonely will lead on to some big problems. I have no body to talk to anymore and I’m literally at a point where I don’t know what to do and feel like I just need to say it out loud. Does anyone have any suggestions of things to do?

ShyGirlie Sat 17-Feb-18 10:09:57

Having moved house recently, I feel the same. I have no children and work during the week, but once I get home I have literally no one I can call on to ask for a coffee or to go a walk. I do go on my own, but it would be so lovely to share the exoerience with someone else.
I'm terrible at making friends anyway, but I just feel like everyone else already has their own friendships and don't need to be bothered getting to know anyone else.

Sorry, i have no advice , but wanting to let you know you're not the only one.

duckingfisaster Sat 17-Feb-18 10:22:52

www.meetup.com

This is a website where people in the local area can join groups that are specific to their interests or situation - so ‘single parents’ or a walking group or beach cleaning, cinema club etc.

My friend set up her local single parents one & met some new friends - they now meet often to do all sorts of stuff. Might be worth a look.

Nina1987 Sat 17-Feb-18 13:22:29

Thank you! I will look at this now ❤️

KellyMarieTunstall2 Sat 17-Feb-18 13:31:30

Visit your local children's centre, they will run baby groups and you can chat to the health visitors, volunteers and other mums. Look at MuSh it's a meet a mum app local to your area. Take care

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now