Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Sertraline withdrawal help

(4 Posts)
chaser90210 Mon 12-Feb-18 18:03:09

So I've decided to start the withdrawal process from my sertraline. I'm pregnant (14 weeks) and have been on it for roughly 3 years I think. When my dd was born I went from 50mg to 100mg but since before xmas I have been cutting down to 50mg a day and have been fine. For the past week I have been taking my 50mg every other day and now it's been 3 days since I've taken one.
So far haven't really noticed anything but when I turn my head quickly or to the side I get a flashy feeling and generally my head feels a little fuzzy. So far luckily no anxiety or panic episodes which I was expecting for it to get worse before it gets better.

Anyone out there with experience of withdrawal and any tips?

blueremembered Mon 12-Feb-18 18:49:54

It is difficult. The dizziness will pass - I had it too. I just made sure to drink lots of water and have some sugar on me as a boost. Not sure if it actually made much difference but it's nice having a little treat every now and then wink

Good luck!

twoplytwoply Tue 13-Feb-18 17:15:47

It will pass. It might take some time like a few weeks, but it will pass. You might find it goes away, then comes back for a bit, but it will pass!

Going from 50 to nothing its pretty fast tapering but I understand why you want to do that if you're pregnant.

Katyx3 Tue 13-Feb-18 17:59:49

I've been off sertraline now for a fair few weeks, mainly due to HG. I am much better than I expected to be, have my days obviously. But try to think of babies benefits. Are you involved with a mental health team at all? You should get more help with being pregnant. Can I ask, is it for a particular condition? There may be better treatment for you x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: