Talk

Advanced search

Sertraline withdrawal help

(4 Posts)
chaser90210 Mon 12-Feb-18 18:03:09

So I've decided to start the withdrawal process from my sertraline. I'm pregnant (14 weeks) and have been on it for roughly 3 years I think. When my dd was born I went from 50mg to 100mg but since before xmas I have been cutting down to 50mg a day and have been fine. For the past week I have been taking my 50mg every other day and now it's been 3 days since I've taken one.
So far haven't really noticed anything but when I turn my head quickly or to the side I get a flashy feeling and generally my head feels a little fuzzy. So far luckily no anxiety or panic episodes which I was expecting for it to get worse before it gets better.

Anyone out there with experience of withdrawal and any tips?

blueremembered Mon 12-Feb-18 18:49:54

It is difficult. The dizziness will pass - I had it too. I just made sure to drink lots of water and have some sugar on me as a boost. Not sure if it actually made much difference but it's nice having a little treat every now and then wink

Good luck!

twoplytwoply Tue 13-Feb-18 17:15:47

It will pass. It might take some time like a few weeks, but it will pass. You might find it goes away, then comes back for a bit, but it will pass!

Going from 50 to nothing its pretty fast tapering but I understand why you want to do that if you're pregnant.

Katyx3 Tue 13-Feb-18 17:59:49

I've been off sertraline now for a fair few weeks, mainly due to HG. I am much better than I expected to be, have my days obviously. But try to think of babies benefits. Are you involved with a mental health team at all? You should get more help with being pregnant. Can I ask, is it for a particular condition? There may be better treatment for you x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: