Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

I don't know what's wrong

(4 Posts)
roughtyping Sat 10-Feb-18 11:28:50

Think I've struggled with anxiety and low mood for a very long time, since I was a teenager really. I've been in a very low spot for a few months now and struggling to see the light. Everything feels quite pointless just now. I love my family but don't know that I'll ever feel properly happy again. Anxious over every tiny thing, people are not enjoying being around me which obv makes me feel more isolated. Feel like something has gone wrong in my head.

I don't really know why I've written this, I just want to get it out.

LucyRebecca910 Sat 17-Feb-18 13:39:13

Hi Roughtyping,
Sorry I’ve no advise or answer, just wanted to say I too feel the same . I know this feeling will pass (it better had !!) having said that , I don’t really ‘feel’ anything, no enjoyment in things I previously liked . I’ve been like this over a year now & it just seems like I’m treading water .
I live with my 12 year old son & work full time .
I don’t seem to be able to have conversations with people about anything really , so avoid company
If I go to the gp it’s just passed off as depression (which I have suffered from in the past ) & given antidepressants which make me feel even more flat (I’ve tried a few ).
I’m sorry to witter on . Fortunately I don’t seem to have the anxiety issue that you do.
Hope you find something to bring your joy of life back to you x

chocolateworshipper Sat 17-Feb-18 21:56:46

I strongly recommend an honest conversation with your GP

Deborah543 Sun 18-Feb-18 09:24:57

Spring is round the corner... Not sure if your moods are seasonal dependant. I know mine are as I love nature. I don't really have any advice to add.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now