Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Anyone else feel like this?

(7 Posts)
Amazing77 Thu 08-Feb-18 19:02:57

I feel like a rubbish parent. I work and have two children (both nearly 10). Other half works full time too. Also doing up house. Everything feels too much and gets a bit too stressful. I like my job. But there aren't enough hours in the day for the pulls on my time and sanity. I try to get help im, but could probably do with someone to help a couple of hours a day...but would it help?

Mulch Thu 08-Feb-18 19:05:31

Yes if I had the budge I'd defo get someone in. What will you do with your extra time?

Amazing77 Thu 08-Feb-18 19:51:55

Extra time will be taken up by jobs currently don't have time to do...just so fed up with this busy life

Mulch Thu 08-Feb-18 20:02:42

Anything you can drop or delegate? If i had the budget would definitely be getting help in. What's stopping you?

Amazing77 Thu 08-Feb-18 20:30:29

Good point Mulch. I do already have a cleaner, but cleanings only half the job really. Was contemplating swapping cleaner for an aupair, but really worried that this might lead to a lovely half naked young thing prancing round the househmm. I guess I could advertise locally for help. So hard when you have come from a scrimping and saving background...

Mulch Thu 08-Feb-18 21:01:37

Haha specify mature or use an agency, they'll be pretty used to those same concerns smile

Amazing77 Thu 08-Feb-18 21:24:16

I just found a site chatting about an agency that supplies granny aupairs grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: