Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Help please!!

(4 Posts)
Leigh11 Tue 06-Feb-18 21:07:29

Hey,

I'm new to this, all of This, I recently found out I'm pregnant and according to LMP were now at 9 weeks and 5 days, I've been feeling sick and had sore boobs but nothing I couldn't handle. This evening I feel really really sick, I suffer with panic attacks due to emetophobia, and have had to come off my tablets however have recently been finding coming off them has just made me have them more because obviously I am feeling sick!

I feel like my anxiety is taking over me, i don't even want to go into work tomorrow because the thought of moving makes me feel scared! I keep reading things which is only making me feel worse!

Sorry this isn't the most positive but I just want to speak to someone who's experiencing what I am and could perhaps share some of the techniques you find work.

Thanks to anyone who helps 😁

batfestival Tue 06-Feb-18 23:59:12

The first trimester is a hormonal minefield which will no doubt be aggravating your anxiety. Telling yourself that it (and hopefully your sickness) will get better in a few weeks may help you get through it. Not everyone stops being sick etc but for me it was like a switch. 12 weeks came along and I felt a thousand times better physically and mentally. Congratulations by the way thanks

batfestival Wed 07-Feb-18 00:00:21

Oh and also try not to google! So much easier said than done but I know in the first few months I made things 1000x worse by Googling everything

Leigh11 Wed 07-Feb-18 06:52:48

Hi batfestival, thank you for your reply

I think that's the exact problem I have had, I feel like I've told my body I need to be feeling this way! Hopefully like you at 12 weeks it will all disappear.

I can't wait for my scan just to know everything is okay x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: