Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

PMDD

(4 Posts)
Chairbear89 Wed 17-Jan-18 17:19:04

Has anyone any experience with PMDD?

How did you treat it?

RubberJohnny Sat 10-Feb-18 12:10:26

Me. I saw professor studd privately but Nick Panay works in the NHS at Chelsea and Westminster.
I had a hysterectomy and ovary in the end and it worked fantastically. I was sensitive to the progesterone.

ginforall Sun 11-Feb-18 21:12:38

I think I have this too. I struggle each month, and its got to the point where I am a horrible person to be with for a couple of days each month. It is affecting my relationships and I just feel so out of control. I've been to the doctors and I'm on a waiting list for counselling. But I'm thinking of going back. I'd sooner not go down the antidepressant route as I feel it's only a few days each month that I need some help. So I suppose I'm just wondering if your experience is the same OP and what you have tried so far?

Candlefairy101 Fri 16-Feb-18 11:33:53

I am waiting for blood results to check the level of my hormones, I only get 5 GOOD days of the entire month.

It was a catch 22 because I felt so bad I could ask for help to struggled each day, feeling like I couldn't do this anymore and then my good days come and I almost forget how bad is it each month.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: