Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Tired of saying how I feel

(8 Posts)
CrazyCatMum Thu 11-Jan-18 22:15:42

What’s the point?
Does it change anything?
I’m just left feeling empty, useless and a burden.

But if I don’t tell them then how can I expect them to be able to help?

Nothing feels real anymore, feels like I’ve just crashed but can’t seem to work out what’s in my head properly and when I do it feels like all I hear from them is bla bla bla.
It feels like constant ultimatums from them. If I don’t do this they will do that, if I don’t do that they will do this.

I don’t feel safe but if I tell them that then I have a hundred questions, have to agree to a safe plan or crisis or IHTT or hospital. It all feels too much too many choices can’t work them out, just wanna curl up in a ball and hide from the world.

I don’t even know if this makes sense 😢😢

Advicewouldbelovelyta Fri 12-Jan-18 08:46:48

Sounds exactly like me. Who are you talking to? Have you seen your gp?

CrazyCatMum Fri 12-Jan-18 21:50:38

I’ve been speaking or trying tomspeak to the crisis team and ooh cpn. They keep asking what can they do to help? But I don’t know what that is.
My go just tells me I should be in hospital end of conversation.
I’m physically drained 😢

NewYearSameOldMe Fri 12-Jan-18 21:54:42

Have you read 'The power of now'? IMO BETTER than counselling.

Advicewouldbelovelyta Sat 13-Jan-18 08:39:11

Mine was down to hormone imbalance apparently, I'm on sertraline now.
Ask to speak to a different gp, one that doesn't sound like a dick

CrazyCatMum Sat 13-Jan-18 23:24:07

My gp is normally ok but makes it clear that my psychiatrist is the one that makes all the decisions about my mental health..
I’ve had lots of blood tests done, I have an under active thyroid gland and some times my liver functions isn’t great due to my lithium.

I feel like I’m a burden on the services, that I’m taking from someone that really needs the help, or even wants it.
I don’t want to seem like I’m ungrateful I do really appreciate it I’m just so tired to think straight or trust anyone 😢😢

Advicewouldbelovelyta Sat 13-Jan-18 23:57:14

You are not a burden and you deserve to get the help you need to be happy again xx

NewYearSameOldMe Sun 14-Jan-18 00:25:16

Read the book.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now