Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Controlling what you say

(6 Posts)
candlefloozy Wed 06-Dec-17 16:45:09

My husband suffers with depression and anxiety. My question is, for those that have it, do you struggle to control what you say??

MoistCantaloupe Wed 06-Dec-17 22:50:06

Can you elaborate a bit more on what you mean please?

MoistCantaloupe Wed 06-Dec-17 22:55:30

As at face value, the answer is no.

candlefloozy Thu 07-Dec-17 06:33:26

Husband when stressed says a certain something. Last night I asked him not to as it hurts my feelings. He said he can't help it when he is stressed out??

Timmytoo Thu 07-Dec-17 06:42:57

I get this. It’s near impossible to control myself. I can be nasty to my DP. I can’t help it, it’s literally my anxiety lashing out. He knows and completely doesn’t take anything to heart. I’ve tried counseling, anger management and even hypno. I’ve tried medication but anxiety and ADHD is very difficult to control outbursts. I’m not a nasty person at all, in fact the opposite so I don’t know where my internalized anger comes from. I train at the gym too and eat correctly but still struggle. I think just know that he doesn’t mean it and ignore it, If he’s like me.

candlefloozy Thu 07-Dec-17 06:55:34

@Timmytoo thank you for your honest reply. When our child plays up he gets angry and says something horrible. I can control what I say but he said that he can't help it?! So I wanted to ask someone who suffers too. Just trying to understand it all

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now