Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

How do you know you are depressed or if I am just miserable?

(4 Posts)
RuthFisher Mon 04-Dec-17 00:05:01

I feel miserable all the time, its like all the joy has been sucked out of me, I don't get excited about anything at all, I just feel dead inside. I smile but its fake, just a front for everyone around me, I don't look forward to anything, nothing seems to make me feel anything.

I used to feel plenty, but from all the rubbish that has happened to me in life I feel like it all changed me, and I no longer know who I am if that makes sense?

I could win the lottery tomorrow and I don't think even that would raise a genuine smile, I just want to go to bed, stay there and for everyone to leave me alone, I don't even care if I wake up.

I have a lovely Husband but I feel myself putting on a fake smile around him as well, and as soon as he goes to work and I am alone I break down and cry, I don't even know why anymore.

I need to go and see my doctor don't I?

MyKingdomForBrie Mon 04-Dec-17 00:08:59

Yes, you do. flowers

swizzlestix Mon 04-Dec-17 10:55:04

Definitely worth having a chat with your Dr, if you think you'll find it hard today all that, just write down how you are feeling. Sending you big hugs, things will get better and you sound like you need some help to get you back on track X

swizzlestix Mon 04-Dec-17 10:55:23

To say, not today!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now