Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

What do I do?

(1 Post)
LittleMissPassiveAggressive Fri 01-Dec-17 16:07:13

I have been struggling with my mental Heath all of my life. But recently it has been especially difficult.
I’ve been hospitalised twice this year due to my mental health and don’t feel any better for it.
The thing that I’m struggling with right now is that this morning my mother-in-law lost her battle with cancer.
I was with her throughout the fight, right up until the end.
She has been like a second Mum to me for the last 15 years (almost half my life) and now I don’t know what to do without her.
My medication hasn’t helped throughout this ordeal at all (sertraline and pregabalin) I feel like I’m losing grip.
I know that I need to be strong for my husband and children, not to mention my father-in-law, but I’m finding it so hard. We all have friends and family to support us and help through this hard time but, as callous as this may sound, it doesn’t help to physically talk or be around people right now.
I don’t know what I wanted to achieve from this post, I think I just needed to get it off my chest.
Sorry about the long post.
Thank for reading.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now