Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Never ending worry

(4 Posts)
CremeFresh Thu 30-Nov-17 23:23:14

Not sure where to start so this might be a bit jumbled.

I worry all the time and I seem to get no respite from it. I know lots of what I worry about seems trivial but it causes me sleepless nights.

Latest and ongoing worry is my dd19. She has really given me loads of stress- lies, being arrested , expelled from school, drugs- she nearly tipped me over the edge.

She's settled down these last couple of years but the worry has never left me. She's an apprentice and has been for 3 years (nvq level 3) but this ends in January so she will have to look for another job. She is sharing a flat with a friend, I went round there this evening and it's not very clean and stinks of cannabis. Her car wasn't there and I know she walked to work today ( she never walks) I asked where her car was and she said 'round the back'. I'm not sure I believe her , although I have no idea where or what she's done with her car ( I know it's an odd thing to worry about but I can't stop thinking about it)

She's driving to Liverpool tomorrow and I'm worried about that .

It's wearing me down , constantly going over things in my head and fretting about it all.

hevonbu Fri 01-Dec-17 06:28:16

There's really nothing you could do to change anything, if she sold the car to get cash or whatever happened - there's nothing you could do to change anything that has happened in the past and you can't steer her life either now that she's an adult and whatever happens in her life it is no longer something you are responsible for, unlike when she was a toddler. Maybe go and see someone professionally and talk it over why you worry so much and what options you have to do something about it?

CremeFresh Fri 01-Dec-17 07:18:51

I do think I need counselling, I know she's an adult, I just wish her life was better.

Trying2bgd Fri 01-Dec-17 07:36:14

Counselling would really help you I think. You need to get to a point where you can let go and let her just get on with it. As parents there will always be a level of worry and the desire to make things better. Good luck

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now