Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Just been prescribed Sertaline

(4 Posts)
Naomi2007 Tue 14-Nov-17 18:55:59

As the title says really. Anybody had much joy on these for anxiety. Really hoping they make a difference.

Maccapacca88 Tue 14-Nov-17 19:32:49

I'm on them for anxiety. Currently on day 31. They made my anxiety worse between weeks 2-4 then started to even out. I think they are definitely helping now, but hoping to increase the dose a bit at my review this week.

sortingmyselfoutslowly Tue 14-Nov-17 21:32:16

I've had them in the past for anxiety and they really helped. I nosedived 2 weeks ago and realised I needed them again. I'm on day 9. Side effects for me are nausea, jaw clenching, fatigue and dizziness. Loss of appetite too and restless hands and feet. But I know I will feel better in a few weeks. Hope they work for you OP, there's a good chance they will but it's normal to feel worse before getting better so make sure you have some self care in place. Plenty of rest, comforting films, favourite foods, relaxing bath, cosy blanket etc. Good luck.

Naomi2007 Wed 15-Nov-17 07:43:41

Thank you for your responses

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now