Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Panic attacks and negative thinking in pregnancy

(6 Posts)
Relaxing2 Sat 11-Nov-17 16:45:44

Hi has anyone suffered with this and been able to get better my head is racing everyday and getting panic attacks quiet a lot I'm on steraline 100mg feel like I'm losing my mind please some one help experiences anything

Maccapacca88 Sat 11-Nov-17 17:15:10

How long have you been on the Sertraline? I had​ severe antenatal anxiety and depression. It went instantly when I had my baby. It has come back now, but that is due to a difficult life situation I am currently in. I'm on sertraline and it is helping.

There are some similar threads currently going including a support thread for people taking Sertraline.

Relaxing2 Sat 11-Nov-17 17:18:06

I started steraline about 3 weeks ago started on 50mg then went to 100mg last week I feel I am relaxed at night time but in the day as soon as I wake up it's awful horrible thinking and panic attacks I just want it to stop

wowbutter Sat 11-Nov-17 17:19:34

What are the negative feelings you are experiencing?
What do you wake up and think and feel?

Relaxing2 Sat 11-Nov-17 17:24:09

I won't cope in labour something is going to go wrong it keeps replying in my head

Maccapacca88 Sat 11-Nov-17 18:09:49

That is a big jump in a short time! From​what I have read, morning panic is quite common when starting Sertraline. I certainly got it and mine is only just subsiding 4 weeks in on just 50mg. It's awful starting the day with a panic attack isn't it? I'd give it a few more days then contact your go if it isn't easing off.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now