Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Fluoxetine question

(8 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

VittysCardigan Thu 09-Nov-17 23:08:23

I have been on fluoxetine for just over a month (took it several years ago). Have got past the nausea but this last week i have noticed i am clenching my jaws. It's not causing any problems, i just wondered if anyone else has experienced similar. Apart from that it is working wonders, i feel much more like my old self!

VittysCardigan Thu 09-Nov-17 23:08:53

Passed?

JorlyWood Thu 09-Nov-17 23:34:52

I'm on sertraline and find myself doing this frequently too. I'd much rather have that than major depression though.

Glad to hear you are doing well.

FrenchDucksSayCoinCoin Thu 09-Nov-17 23:35:19

Hi Vittys I found that all of the SSRIs made me jaw clench, been on a few including fluoxetine. Glad it's making you feel more like you, that's the best bit smile

MadameRaleuse Thu 09-Nov-17 23:35:52

I believe it is a common side effect. Never had it myself but have heard plenty others do.

VittysCardigan Thu 09-Nov-17 23:45:01

Thank you for your replies. Just anxious it might turn to teeth grinding. But i can live with it. Can't believe it hiw quickly it has turned my mood around!

LornaMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 10-Nov-17 09:43:22

We're just sending this over to mental health at the OP's request.

flowers

rightsofwomen Fri 10-Nov-17 09:55:01

I had jaw clenching when I started fluoxetine. It was a discomfort rather than anything too dramatic and it's gone now.

You've just reminded me I haven't taken today's dose!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: