Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Any one on citalopram?

(6 Posts)
MissSV Tue 07-Nov-17 10:58:40

Just been prescribed citalopram for anxiety and took first one last night... felt really sick and overwhelming feeling of panic... I’m scared to take another one now!

Redglitter Tue 07-Nov-17 11:01:22

Persevere the first couple of days can be rough but it's worth it

inmyshoos Tue 07-Nov-17 11:15:56

I've started on sertraline for the second time and like you feeling much worse rather than better. Anxious and total feeling of despair. Seeing gp today. So tempting to stop them but don't want to mess about too much.

mintich Tue 07-Nov-17 11:20:36

Persevere, it took me two weeks to get used to them. But they helped no end and I'm now off of then and have been for two years

MilkTwoSugarsThanks Tue 07-Nov-17 11:25:06

Took me about a week of side effects but that's perfectly normal, and honestly it's worth it.

I took Diaralyte while I was struggling to eat and drink.

Hang in there Miss flowers

OneOfTheGrundys Tue 07-Nov-17 12:12:07

Really-keep on.
I had a bad time for about 3 days but was so, so much better when it settled down.
I will not ever come off it now. It allows me to be me and not me weighed down by my mental illness.
Keep going... have you anyone or any sources of support to stand by you while you get through this bit?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now