Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Sertraline day 16- high anxiety

(5 Posts)
Maccapacca88 Tue 31-Oct-17 07:33:24

I'm taking 50mg from the off with evening meal. Bad side effects started kicking in around day 8. I'm waking up with such a sense of dread I almost can't function. It eases up by about 5pm. Please someone tell me this will stop.

Fairydust26 Tue 31-Oct-17 09:19:37

I was exactly the same honestly felt like throwing in the towel but I persevered and glad I did as the side effects did eventually go. I’m on 50mg too and after a couple of weeks I really did start to feel better so hang in theresmile.

Maccapacca88 Tue 31-Oct-17 10:47:38

Thank you for your reply. I will definitely be persevering. I have 2 young children and need to get well for them. I think I am just so desperate for recovery that I am frightened it won't work.

Fairydust26 Tue 31-Oct-17 19:48:36

Give it time to kick in and if you find it’s not the right one for you there’s different ones you could try. Keep taking each day as it comes and hopefully you’ll see the light at the end of the tunnel soon!.flowers

Dauphinoise Tue 31-Oct-17 19:54:56

I'm on my 3rd month with Sertraline OP and it does get worse before it gets better. But it definitely did get better. My anxiety is better than it's ever been, but the first couple of weeks were just awful.

Annoyingly though I've had some irritating side effects, and my GP and I are trying everything to get these side effects under some sort of control as I'm loathed to have to change to another drug when Sertraline has been so effective for my mental health.

My side effects are apparently rare and unusual though. Stick it out, you will come out the other side soon flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now