Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

How to go on

(2 Posts)
yellowblocks Thu 26-Oct-17 22:53:45

I have spent the last few months going through a very difficult time, removing myself from an abusive relationship, trying to build a new life for me and dc. It's been a rocky ride and I'm finding it hard with no support. There have been upsetting battles with my immediate family who in essence have washed their hands of me due to their disapproval of my actions and the person that I am.
I am tired of being 'strong and surviving' each day, Tired of trying hard to be being positive with plans and ideas but not being able to enjoy life now. I don't know what I'm doing really. I've come a certain way but I am realising now that I am quite badly damaged goods in terms of who/what I am with a mountain to climb and it's actually really bloody hard.
I feel I am becoming depressed again and I have a sense of wanting to give up. Each day my house is getting messier and I am struggling to get my body to move and do simple things. My limbs are tired and my head is tired and I can't take the battles any more and the reality of being unloved. I am tired and lost and feeling very low and I am concerned about the life I am creating for dc and I don't know what to do. I know his sounds awful but I don't think I am able to be a proper mum anymore I just can't do it. I don't fit in and I am not normal
But I have to work it out as I have to provide and create stability but right now I feel like I want out.
Gosh this sounds so self indulgent but I wanted to offload, thank you for reading if you have got this far.

Algebraic Fri 27-Oct-17 23:11:01

Hello, I'm here if you want to talk. flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now