Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

I had my last therapy session today

(4 Posts)
AnxiousMunchkin Thu 26-Oct-17 17:05:41

Just wanted to make a post. I’ve been having CBT for the last 6 months, I have diagnoses of OCD & cyclothymia.

I’m still on medication, but I am functioning and feeling so much better overall. I can deal with some things that I just couldn’t handle before. Most days I can just get on with stuff without being stuck in a whirlpool of tortured thoughts and destructive behaviours. I understand myself so much better and that means I am learning how to manage my own mental health.

Today I had my last session. The graphs of all my scores (anxiety, low mood, phobias, obsessive compulsive index etc) are all in the ‘green’ zone.

I have a check-in session in 3 months time. I will definitely stay on medication until after that.

It feels very weird to think I might actually be getting better.

BewareOfTheToddler Thu 26-Oct-17 23:28:04

That's amazing! Well done, and fingers crossed it's onwards and upwards for you. flowers

You may have inspired me to woman up and start a similar process....

MiracleCure Thu 26-Oct-17 23:28:52

Very well done! What a lovely post! This is great news and although I am 'only' on the cusp of OCD, you have given me hope!

Wolfiefan Thu 26-Oct-17 23:36:37

That's brilliant. Massive changes. Well done OP. Must've taken a lot of work and commitment.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now