Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Sertraline side effects

(8 Posts)
wonderwoo Wed 25-Oct-17 18:44:57

My dp has been taking sertraline for the last 5 weeks. The side effects generally wore off in the first week or two, but he is still suffering from nausea and is being sick most mornings. He also has diarrhoea. He is not unwell otherwise and it started when he went on the sertraline, so we think it must be a side effect.

However, both the pharmacist and GP seem to think it's very odd and they say that sertraline wouldn't make people actually be sick, and certainly not beyond the first week or two.

I wondered if any other people have had similar reactions to sertraline? And if so, did it pass eventually or did you have to come off them?

PesoisaTool Wed 25-Oct-17 19:23:00

I had nausea and headaches but not actual vomiting. Is he eating well? What time does take them? I take mine at night so I can sleep through any drowsiness and nausea. I'm on 100mg/day.

bringbacksideburns Wed 25-Oct-17 19:29:03

No that doesn't sound good. When I took it I had insomnia for a few weeks but no sickness.

wonderwoo Wed 25-Oct-17 22:52:26

Thank you for relying. He takes them in the morning. Appetite is poor but he is eating regularly (but not very well).

PesoisaTool Wed 25-Oct-17 23:46:09

Perhaps take them at night?

wonderwoo Thu 26-Oct-17 08:01:16

Thanks. Will suggest it to him.

fionamadcat Sat 28-Oct-17 11:09:28

I've had terrible diarrhoea for the past 4 weeks since my dose was increased and my GP has agreed its probably due to the sertraline so I have to reduce dose and see what happens. Had nausea a bit but never actually been sick. I would get him to ask GP again.

wonderwoo Sat 28-Oct-17 13:07:39

That's interesting fiona, thank you. He has decided to come off it now and is trying another one instead.

I hope you feel better on the reduced dose.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now