Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

I am so sad and lonely

(10 Posts)
dazedandconfuse Tue 24-Oct-17 22:45:33

Sorry I feel like I post on here way too often.

So I'm 16 weeks pregnant and the baby's dad wants nothing to do with the baby. I'm trying to get over the heartache of that and am currently going no contact. (It is very hard)

All of my friends seem to have abandoned me. I've told them all about the baby and my situation and they think I'm a complete idiot for keeping it and they don't really want to talk to me at the moment, but I really need them.

The only people I talk to are my mum, my 3 year old son, and sometimes my friends at university and work but I am in no way close enough to have personal chats with them it's just general chit chat/ small talk.

I'm really trying to make the most of them friendships but it's hard. I've tried to make plans with my friends to do things, I even bought some gig tickets as a surprise because I knew my best friend really wanted to go to just to have the opportunity to hang out with her really but she politely rejected and said she's busy that night. I've tried explaining to my friends I really really need them at the moment but it just seems no use.

I'm so fed up of this loneliness. I'm so excited about this pregnancy but I'm also terrified to be going it alone.

Not sure what I'm looking for or if any advice is possible I just needed to vent and I guess writing on here makes it feel a bit like you're having a conversation with people smile how sad is that looool smile

Izzy24 Tue 24-Oct-17 22:51:21

Yes it is sad OP. And it’s sad how very many people feel the same as you - lonely and with lots to offer other people.

No answers I’m afraid but sending you warm thoughts and wishes for better things.

dangermouseisace Wed 25-Oct-17 19:23:29

dazed I post here too often too. Probably because I don't actually talk to many adults in real life, day to day.

If your friends have abandoned you because of your situation they are not really friends. True friends are there for each other, despite what they might privately see as 'bad lifestyle choices'. TBH I cannot see for the life of me what is wrong with keeping your baby. Congratulations! Hold on to the excitedness. Plenty of women go it alone. If you can get to any baby groups etc after the birth you'll meet some, no doubt. I know plenty of women IRL who were ditched by husbands during pregnancy no 2. You might want to consider keeping a bit of contact with the baby's father for maintenance purposes though...he sounds like a knob mind you.

If you keep doing the small talk with people eventually you might get to the situation where you have closer relationships with people at work/uni. These things take time.

And you can always post here.

Sukistinks Thu 26-Oct-17 10:49:05

It sounds as though you are so busy with a 3 year old, university and working all as a single parent (hope I read it right?). Friends who can't take time to listen, understand and help may be draining your energy, I have no idea how to deal with this (terrible at friendships for various reasons here).

Being excited about your baby is amazing. I don't have any words of wisdom because what might help me or those I know may be terrible or impractical suggestions for you.

Just want to wish you well and do what is right for you and your children.

Oly5 Thu 26-Oct-17 10:52:09

Just sending you a hug OP. These friends of yours don’t sound like really friends. Keep close to your mum and tey and get out with the new baby to bay groups and toddler groups. Hopefully you will find like-minded people there

Oly5 Thu 26-Oct-17 10:52:31

Try and get out to baby groups that should say!

dazedandconfuse Thu 26-Oct-17 16:12:24

Just got this horrible message off my ex and feel awful

dangermouseisace Thu 26-Oct-17 22:27:08

God he's an abusive dick. That message is threatening. It might be worthwhile talking to the police...

PurpleDaisies Thu 26-Oct-17 22:29:32

Block him.
Change your number.
Keep the messages in case you need a record of his behaviour.

If you’re ever feeling sad about splitting up with him, try and remember that he behaved like this. flowers

filou87 Sun 12-Nov-17 22:44:45

How are you doing OP?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now